Okay, so my friend Josefin gave me a recipe for a healthier alternative to chocolate balls (since I’m trying to be healthy…) based on dates. I’m not a huge fan of dates (In fact I don’t like them at all.) but I tried them and they’re really good. Just know that these are not healthy but they are a healthier alternative. They are easy to make and are better to eat than for example candy since you know exactly what’s in them.
The recipe (for around 15 medium sized balls):
20 fresh dates
2 tablespoons of peanut butter
1,5 tablespoons of cacao
0,5dl grated coconut (optional)
- You’ll have to remove the dates kernels and then place them in a food processor.
- Add the other ingredients and turn the food processor on until you have a somewhat smooth mixture.
- Take out about a tablespoon of mixture and roll it into balls.
- OPTIONAL! Roll the balls in shredded coconut.
- Place in refrigerator for 20 minutes and serve.
Well, that’s it. Quick, easy and delicious.
Until next time, xoxo Ella.